Friday, September 11, 2020

COVID-19: The unexpected diet plan

Prior to going into quarantine, my family didn't cook very much at all. We would go out to different restaurants for dinner or would grab fast food for lunch. When the lock-down began, we quickly went to Kroger and stocked up with large amounts of food. Ever since then, we only cook in, we haven't been to a restaurant since right before the pandemic began. It surprisingly wasn't a difficult transition. Everyone in my household has a very fast paced life style, so eating out was of necessity rather than luxury. With my family's new connection with food, came a new connection within our family. Dinner time has become a special time at home, we all contribute to fixing dinner and we all sit down together and talk. This is something I hope remains a tradition in my family after the vaccine for COVID has been passed. In terms of health and diet, I lost a lot of weight through this process. We would fix more balanced meals and regulate the types of food we were eating, rather than ordering whatever was being served. All in all, the food situation regarding COVID for me and my family allowed for a healthier relationship, and a healthier diet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccine Politics: Where benefits out weigh global health

In the world today, the divide between nations and ethnicities has never been more prominent. The natural hate and quick acquisitions made a...